Monday, December 8, 2014

The Voice In The Cave

Once upon a time there was a little boy named Owen and a not-as-little girl named Evelyn...

They decided to go hiking through the mountains one day. After a little while they came across a cave. Realizing it was getting late Evelyn told Owen to go collect some wood to make a fire and she would check inside the cave to make sure it was safe. Owen trotted off and Evelyn walked into the cave with her flashlight.

Looking as far as the light would shine Evelyn cupped her hand to her mouth and said loudly, "Hello...?" And quickly a voice replied, "Hello...?" Wow! There's someone in here! thought Evelyn. So she quickly thought and said, "My name is Evelyn!" The voice replied, "My name is Evelyn!" That's amazing! thought Evelyn. We have the same name! Then Evelyn told her new friend, "I loooove ice cream!!" And the voice said, "I loooove ice cream!!" Evelyn couldn't believe that she and her new friend had so much in common. So to see if they were going to be best friends Evelyn said, "My favorite color is purple!" And the voice said, "My favorite color is purple!"

Just at that moment Owen came into the cave with as many sticks as he could carry to build a fire. "Owen! I've made a new friend!!" yelled Evelyn excitedly. "I don't see anyone..?" said Owen. Smiling, Evelyn turned around, cupped her hand to her mouth and said loudly, "Hello...!" And quickly a voice replied, "Hello...!" Owen chuckled and said, "that's not a friend silly, that's an echo!" Quickly Evelyn turned and said, "My name is Evelyn!" The voice replied, "My name is Evelyn!" She looked at Owen smiling and said, "...see?!" Owen pulled a face as if to say she was being silly. Seeing that Owen didn't believe her Evelyn looked back deep into the cave and said, "I loooove ice cream!!" And the voice said, "I loooove ice cream!!"

"That's still an echo.." chuckled Owen. "No it isn't!", said Evelyn, annoyed. "It's my friend Evelyn. They even have the same favorite color as me." Smirking, Owen looked deep into the cave and shouted, "MY FAVORITE COLOR IS BLUE!!"

And the voice replied, "MINE ISN'T. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS PURPLE!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment